When it’s time for the comfiest, coziest wintertime drink why not elevate yours? Take serving hot chocolate to the next level by making the most fun trend of the season: a Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board! You and your loved ones are guaranteed to enjoy this festive, playful take on a traditional deli board.
Here’s a cup of cocoa
To drink up as you may,
To help you take the chill off
A frosty winter day.
It comes with warmest wishes
For a Christmas filled with cheer,
And memories that sparkle
Throughout the coming year.
Instead of the usual charcuterie offerings like cured meats, cheeses and crackers, picture a board overloaded with delightful sweet things. You can let you imagination run wild as you think of dreamy items to add to your shareable platter, like:
- Crushed peppermints
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Cinnamon, Vanilla and Maple-Infused Whipped Cream
- Marshmallows (get an assortments of sizes, shapes and flavors.)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Mini Powdered Donuts
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels and Pretzel Rods
- Candy Canes
- For the adults: Peppermint Schnapps
You and your guests will enjoy concocting deliciously decadent versions of cocoa. And someone is bound to put so many toppings on theirs it will be totally Pinterest worthy!
One of the best parts of a hot chocolate charcuterie board is how super easy (and fun) it is to construct. Think of how a child’s eyes would light up upon seeing a bounty of treats to sprinkle on their cups of cocoa.
DIY HOT CHOCOLATE CHARCUTERIE
Step One: Start with a board, platter or tray.
Step Two: Lay in the toppings. Be extravagant! The more the merrier.
Step Three: Include cute mugs, spoons and festive napkins.
Step Four: Decorate with cute seasonal decor items like jolly red and white striped straws, flowers, a mini Santa Claus, tiny wrapped gifts, Christmas greenery, twinkle lights and/or candles.
Step Five: Have hot chocolate packets and hot water available. Or better yet, make a huge batch of yummy, high quality hot chocolate in a crockpot.
SUPER EASY CROCKPOT HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk
- 12 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pour the whipping cream, milk, vanilla, and chocolate chips in a 6-7 quart crock pot, stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir with whisk every so often, until mixture is hot and chocolate chips are melted.
- Switch the slow cooker to the warm setting. Stir before serving.
Or, you could also serve cute hot chocolate bombs. They are little balls of chocolate. Once you drop one in a mug and pour hot milk over it, the chocolate melts and magically releases the marshmallows and cocoa hiding inside.
However you want to serve up your special treats, we think you’ll have an absolute blast making, serving and enjoying them. We’ve rounded up some of the best hot chocolate charcuterie board photos we found on the internet to inspire you: